Become a TAFE teacher - apply now
Every course taught at TAFE needs an industry expert with the know-how to teach it. You name the TAFE course and if you're qualified, you could teach it.
TAFE teachers come from a wide range of backgrounds, you might be:
- a plumber, who's looking to 'get off the tools' and try something new
- a nurse who, after years of shift work, looks forward to being able to pick their children up from school
- a small business owner, while still passionate about their industry, has had enough of the daily demands of running a business
- an engineer, for whom COVID prompted a revaluation of what they want out of life and the remainder of their career
Changing careers can be daunting. The $10,000 TAFE teacher incentive payment is designed to help make the transition to a new career a less challenging reality for you.
If you are a skilled professional in your industry, and meet eligibility criteria, you can apply for an incentive payment to help you retrain as a TAFE teacher.
The program also provides one-on-one mentor support from a lead teacher at TAFE to support you as you develop your teaching skills.
To become a TAFE teacher you will enrol in and complete your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE).
What incentives are available?
SuniTAFE is offering $10,000 incentive payments to skilled industry professionals to gain their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification to teach at TAFE.
The $10,000 will be paid across 3 instalments*:
- $2000 following enrolment into the Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE) and remain enrolled for 3 months after the course commencement date
- $2000 on completion of the TAE and signing an employment contract with SuniTAFE
- $6,000 after two years employment is complete.
* payments will be made according to milestones being achieved.
To become a qualified TAFE teacher you need to successfully complete your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE).
You will then be able to apply your extensive industry experience to become a nationally recognised and qualified teacher.
The course can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to complete. Flexible and blended study options are available at SuniTAFE, allowing you to keep working while you study.
Teaching the next generation of skilled workers at TAFE is a rewarding, flexible and well-;paying career and fun.
Build a career where you can be proud of contributing to the lives of Victorian people in the Education State.
What better way to use your current knowledge and industry skills than teaching students who are training to become part of your industry.
How do I apply for a TAFE Teaching Incentive?
There are two options:
1) Look at our current vacancies list, some job roles come with the scholarship. If you’re the successful incumbent, you will be rewarded with the teaching incentive payments.
2) Apply via the recruitment enquiry form. Eligibility criteria may apply.
a. If your application is successful, SuniTAFE will cover your TAE course fees and will offer employment once your TAE is completed.
At present, SuniTAFE is particularly looking for teachers in Free TAFE courses and trades, including:
• Community Services
• Individual Support
• Allied Health
• Transport and Distribution
• Early Childhood
Take the first step towards your new career. Apply today!
Fill out a recruitment enquiry form
or get in touch with SuniTAFE.
Eligibility criteria may apply.
Download the TAFE Teaching Incentives Factsheet