Albert Heslop Memorial Travel Grant
The Travel Grant was established in honour of Albert Heslop, a state viticulturist, councillor of Swan Hill and Life Member of the Murray Darling Association.The grant is open to horticulturalists and primary producers from the Murray Valley who want to advance themselves, their enterprise and their industry.
The 2019 grant is for $4,000 (including GST). $3,000 of the grant moneys will be awarded at the start and $1,000 granted on receipt of the written report.
Applicants must be aged between 18 and 40 years living and working in:
- NSW Shires of Wakool, Balranald, Central Darling or Wentworth; or
- Victoria Rural Cities of Swan Hill or Mildura, or Shire of Gannawarra
Applicants propose a travel itinerary that will enhance their experience, will motivate them to achieve personally, and will develop their capacity to be involved in and contribute to their industry group and their region.
- The grant recipient will undertake the activities proposed in their application, or as otherwise agreed between the recipient and SuniTAFE.
- The recipient will make their own travel arrangements and be responsible for any costs in excess of the grant money awarded.
- The recipient will advise SuniTAFE as each activity is completed and, where practical, provide photos that may be used as promotional material.
- The recipient will submit a brief written report (in a template provided by SuniTAFE) to SuniTAFE and to their industry within two months of completing the grant program. The report will describe the activities undertake, what was learnt from the activities, and how the activities contribute to the recipient’s industry and enterprise.
Applicants must complete the application form below.Funded by: Murray Mallee Training, Australian Garlic Producers, Minter Magic, Tasco Petroleum, SuniTAFE
* Applications will be assessed by a panel independent of sponsors. The panel’s decision will be final – no correspondence will be entered into.
Applications close 31 March.